Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Ab Ripper X with 3 minute warm-up

As I mentioned last Thursday I think the fat burning of the ab ripper x routine can be magnified if you warm up a bit before doing the routine.  I did not even burn 100 calories and my avg hr was real low last Thursday when I went into the routine without any warm-up.

For today's routine I did a 3 minute warm-up to get my heart going a bit and to stretch out my ab muscles.  I jogged in place for one minute.  I did 30 jumping jacks.  Finally I did a downward dog into a vinyasa which finishes in upward dog to stretch out the legs and abs.  Then I first started my heart rate monitor and the ab ripper x video.  I opened at 108, far better than the 80 I opened with last week.


Avg HR =112 bpm
Peak HR = 148 bpm
K Burned = 143

(For comparison last Thursday going cold turkey into the routine i was 96, 126, 98)  I highly recommend doing 3-5 minutes of warm-ups if not doing this right after some other routine or within an hour of doing another routine.  Ballistic stretches and some jogging in place and/or jumping jacks do the trick for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment