Thursday, March 3, 2011

Ab Ripper X w/ Warmup

I repeated doing my 1 minute jogging in place, 30 jumping jacks and then 1 -2 mins of stretching my leg muscles before starting the workout video and my monitor.  Again I noticed the performance improvements.  My heart was beating faster and I feel like I had a better workout.  You be the judge.

Avg HR = 117 bpm (higher than usual)
Peak HR =151 bpm (during the Mason Twist at the end as usual)
K Burned = 162 (higher than usual)

Again keep in mind my watch's calorie counter is a bit aggressive, and so it is safe to shave a few off, maybe as much as 20 from what it says given the results from last Sunday at the gym when compared to the Precor machine.  Since I am using the same watch throughout it does show you if I improved in each workout in calories burned.  Also I do believe the heart rate is correct as I have hand checked it myself a few times and have come up with the same or almost exactly the same bpm.  Consumer Reports did say this watch's heart rate monitor is quite accurate.

No comments:

Post a Comment