Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Late Night Gym Workout - Cybex 750AT

I went to the gym at around 9:45 tonight and stayed until about 10:40.

Pre-cardio Workout
  • 5 minute job to gym
  • Stretching
  • 3 sets of upside down V bar push downs @ 90lbs (triceps)
  • 3 sets of preacher curls @ 75lbs (biceps)
Time = 22:37
Avg HR = 114 bpm
Peak HR = 148 bpm
K Burned = 208

Cybex 750AT (arc trainer w/ moving handles, newer model with fan)

The Cybex 750AT turned out to be compatible with my chest strap.  I selected the target heart rate program (P9) similar to what I have selected on the Precor 100i.  I entered 155 as my target heart rate this time along with my age and weight.  I selected 30 minutes, however the workout started at 28 minutes.  The machine worked me very hard on very high resistances to get me that high heart rate.  Therefore in 28 minutes I only went 0.74 miles.  Each step was grueling and required a lot work for my legs and arms.  Below are the results of the machine vs my watch.

Avg HR (Cybex 750AT) = 144 bpm
K Burned (Cybex 750AT) = 309

Avg HR (watch) = 148 bpm
Peak HR (watch) = 161 bpm
K Burned = 434

As you can see the machine and my watch had a slight difference of opinion on my heart rate.  I didn't sync the watch and machine perfectly on the start and stop (I started the watch 10-15 seconds late, and stopped it 10 seconds late or so.  I observed a difference of 2-4 bpm between my watch and machine at various points.  The Precor 100i seemed to do a better job of reading my chest strap, although this wasn't terribly off and is close enough for all intents and purposes.  It was a damn tough 28 minutes on those high resistances.  As usual my watch was aggressive on the calories...oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment