Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Perfect Pushup 4 Routine Workout & Ab Ripper X @ 11pm - 99% complete!!!

So tonight I did the same thing that I did last Wednesday, but instead did the full 4 set (i.e. second week) original Perfect Pushup workout.  Besides the regular, wide and close pushups, there is also a chair pushup which is where you do a regular pushup, but with your feat on top of a chair seat  while the Perfect Pushup bars are on the ground in their regular pushup position (kind of like doing a decline press).  I did my usual 2 minute drill of 14 reps, 10 reps and then 6 reps.  I did the 4 over the course of 75 minutes.  I meant to do it within an hour again, but I got sidetracked by the phone, lol.  I waited fifteen minutes after completing the last rep (the close pushup), and then did an ab ripper workout.  I did not do my warmup since I had done the Perfect Pushup routine.  Shockingly this put me at my usual 11pm Ab Ripper workout.

Here are the results in the order the routines were done.  You'll notice that with each successive pushup routine my heart rate and calories burned go up, until the last one.  I got my phone call between the third and fourth and took too long of a break.  My ab ripper x routine gave similar results to other 11pm workouts when done with warmups.  The pushups were my warmup tonight.

Chair Perfect Pushup
Time:  2:00
Avg HR = 106 bpm
Peak = 111 bpm
K Burned = 15

Regular Perfect Pushup
Time = 1:54
Avg HR = 111 bpm
Peak HR = 126 bpm
K Burned = 16

Wide Perfect Pushup
Time = 1:55
Avg HR = 122 bpm
Peak HR = 136 bpm
K Burned = 20

Close Perfect Pushup
Time = 2:00
Avg HR = 113
Peak HR = 124
K Burned = 18

Ab Ripper X
Avg HR = 108 bpm
Peak =  141 bpm
K Burned = 131

Tonight I did 344 of the 349 Ab Ripper X reps.  Not bad for only completing around 170-190 when I first started.  I completed the reverse bicycle for the first time ever.  On fifer scissors, I did 23 of 25 and did the first 20 in a row.  On heels to the heavens I did 22/25.  I completed everything else.  I did all 50 mason twists, did the hardest version of leg grabs (one grab, leg in), and did cross leg situps instead of wide leg.  I even put my hands in the air for the in and outs.  This just goes to show if you stick with it and don't get frustrated during the first several weeks of doing the routine, you'll get there!

No comments:

Post a Comment