Sunday, March 6, 2011

Precor 100i Elliptical After 45 Minute Weight Workout

Today I went back to New York Sports Club to do some weight training.  I did 45 minutes of lifting before taking 2 minutes to grab some water and then hop on an elliptical.  I selected the cardio/heart rate program.  I entered 30 minutes, my age (29), my weight (166lbs) and my desired target heart rate (150 bpm...I put in 155 and it said that was too high of a percentage against my peak heart rate as the machine determined it to be given my age).  Since I had the chest strap and this machine is compatible with it, I was able to use the moving arms without having to reach down for the sensors and get a constant heart rate throughout.  I also turned on my watch to get a comparison.

The workout starts with a 3 minute warmup, then goes into your desired time (30 minutes for me), and then finishes up with a 5 minute cool down, for a total of 38 minutes.  The resistance changes automatically to keep you around 150.  If you go too high it lowers, if you go too low, it increases.  I ranged from 1-14 throughout the workout.  As I got further into the workout and my heart was getting into a groove I needed higher and higher resistance to maintain the 150.  As you can see from the results of my avg HR below, the machine did an amazing job.  Kudos to the Precor 100i.

Precor 100i Results

Avg HR = 146 bpm (damn close to 150, and it does include my cool down and warmup periods)
Peak HR = 161 bpm (didn't let me get too far above)
K Burned = 452

It also stated I was in the zone of 105-150 the entire time fwiw

Watch Results

Avg HR = 146
Peak HR = 160 bpm (as you can see avg and peak about the same since they used the same chest strap...mine)
K Burned = 579 (again my watch was way too aggressive)

No comments:

Post a Comment