Monday, March 28, 2011

Precor 100i Elliptical

Yesterday I went to the gym around 1pm, lifted for 45 minutes and then went on the 100i to do my heart rate workout for 30 minutes and a target of 152 bpm (80% of my max heart rate according to the machine...which would be 191)

Time = 38 minutes (3 minutes warmup on single digit level, 30 minute workout, 5 minute cooldown on Level 16 of 20)

Avg HR = 148 bpm (watch); 149 bpm (machine)
Peak HR = 163 bpm (watch); 164 bpm (machine)
K Burned = 589 (watch); 481 (machine)

I forgot to write down the distance this time.  My levels hovered between 12 and 16 for most of the workout.  This was different than my nighttime weekday use of the Precor 100i when I was at Level 20/20 for most of the workout.  This further proves that it is much easier to get your heart rate up earlier.  Of course the earlier in the day, especially on weekends, the closer I am to when I consumed caffeine.  I have yet to try this or the ab ripper before eating and drinking in the morning.  I will at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment