Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Gym and Cybex 750AT Arc Trainer

Gym
  • 5 minutes jog outside
  • 4 flights of stairs (ran up)
  • 3 sets Cybex hip abduction @ 110lbs
  • 3 sets Cybex hip adduction @ 110 lbs + 1 warmup set @ 55lbs
  • 3 sets Freemotion Rope Pulldown @ 50lbs (max that machine goes to)
  • 3 sets Nautilus Nitro Bicep Curl @ 80lbs
Time = 28:45
Avg HR = 101 bpm (yep, pretty low)
Peak HR = 149 bpm
K Burned = 196

I went to the gym at 9:30pm and for the life of me, I could not keep my heart rate up.  It spiked when I ran and went up the steps, but during the weight training I could not keep it up.  It could be because it was late night, or perhaps I am just getting in better shape, not sure.  Of course, I hadn't had any caffeine anytime near the workout either.

Cybex 750AT


I selected the heart rate program (P9) and put in 152 bpm and 30 minutes.  Unlike the Precor 100i, this is really just 30 minutes.  It had me on really high resistance since my heart rate wasn't going up as much as it normally does and so it was as much an endurance/strength training as it was cardio.  It works with my chest strap, so I just compared calories this time (and the machine didn't display the other info).

Avg HR = 141 bpm
Peak HR = 158 bpm
K Burned = 322 (750AT); 420
(watch)

No comments:

Post a Comment