Thursday, February 3, 2011

Workout #1 - Ab Ripper X

I just got my Timex T5G971 Personal Trainer watch today.  It was rated as a top pick in the heart rate monitor (HRM) watch category by Consumer Reports.  It has the chest strap and has a user removable battery which is nice.  Amazon had it for under $50 and with free shipping I decided it would be fun to have.

I decided to give ab ripper x a go after doing exercises to determine my maximum heart rate.  The data entered in my watch is 165 lbs, max hr of 195bpm.  I will throw in the caveat that I am a beginner (second week) at ab ripper x and do about 70-75% of the workout and need to stop before Tony Horton does.  A complete workout would get higher average bpm and more calories I imagine.  Without further blathering, here are the results:

Peak Heart Rate (HR) = 141 beat per minute (bpm)
Average HR = 113 bpm
Calories Burned = 148

So despite my beginner status, I think 148 calories in 16 minutes and 30 seconds is pretty good.  I can only imagine what Kenpo and Plyo will yield me.  Soon to find out.  I will try and do plyometrics tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment