Friday, February 4, 2011

P90x Plyometrics

First I will start out by saying I did 90-95% of the reps in the 59 minute workout.  I started the watch from the beginning stretches and stopped it at the very end.  This is what I will be doing in the future.  I also did the bonus sports movement exercises at the end (pitching, shooting a basketball, football run).  I will also add that since I am somewhat new to this kindof intensity, my heart rate was probably quite higher than it will be in the future.  That being said, this is the X in P90x as Tony Horton says.  This is the most extreme calorie burning workout there is.  Without further ado:

Average HR = 151bpm
Peak HR = 175bpm
Calories Burned = 943

Due to the intensity of this workout I found myself getting almost dizzy at times, and I used those 30 second breaks to deep breath and drink water.  My advice if you think you can't complete it, do another cardio one until you're ready.  If you finish it, have an energy (protein) drink, because 900+ calories is a ton to burn in an hour, and you need to make up some of those (you pretty much wiped out breakfast + lunch)

No comments:

Post a Comment