Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Cardio X & Ab Ripper X (sans caffeine)

To correct my mistake of having Starbucks too soon before these workouts on Saturday, I decided to repeat these late at night hours after any caffeine intake.  Since I just described these workouts, I'll keep it brief.

Cardio X

Avg HR = 125 bpm
Peak HR = 157 bpm
K Burned = 501

You'll notice my peak and avg hear rate is down a little bit and I burned 60 less calories.  This is probably more accurate, unless of course your are taking caffeine or stimulants before working out.

Ab Ripper X

Avg HR = 111 bpm
Peak HR = 128 bpm
K Burned = 144

I did this only 15 minutes after cardio x and I must admit I was quite gassed.  Also cardio x ends with some core work (steam engine and superman-banana poses).  So while I was working hard to do the workout and thus burning through some calories, I was actually completing less than I normally do if that makes any sense.  I'd rather complete more and burn 15 less calories as I am ultimately trying to strengthen the abs.  Next time I will wait more like an hour before doing ab ripper.  (Ideally you'd do one in the morning and one in the night).

No comments:

Post a Comment