Monday, February 21, 2011

Perfect Pushup - Power Punch Pushup

This is one of the extra exercises from the Power 10 workout which are extra exercises that can be found on their website. (see prior perfect pushup entry...you can use the tags).  This exercise involves slowly lowering yourself but instead of turning the pushup bars sideways you do a full 180 degree turn.  When you reach the bottom you explode up, again turning it 180 degrees.  By explode, I mean the upward movement should only take one second (literally).  These pushups are supposed to focus in on the bicep, although I still feel a burning in my chest.  For my two minute drill I did 14, 10 and then 6 reps.  Forgive me but I finished in 2:02.  Given the intensity of these, and my rush to get them done when I saw I was falling behind in the time, my heart rate increased more.

Time = 2:02
Avg HR = 129 bpm
Peak HR = 147 bpm
Calories Burned = 24 (yes, double my prior ones, it is intense).

No comments:

Post a Comment