Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Gym workout w/ Ab Ripper X Routine

Today I decided to do my gym workout and include the ab ripper workout.  I had to do the routine from memory, which by now was easy.  It was harder not to quit before the 25 were done (or 50 for mason twists) without Tony egging me on.  I think I may have done too many of the bicycles though, because my abs were on FIRE while doing those, which made everything else that much harder to complete (although I did).  I did complete it in about the same amount of time as on the DVD.

Gym Workout
  • 3 minute jog to the gym
  • 8 minutes of stretching
  • Ab Ripper X
  • LifeFitness Pectoral Fly/Rear Deltoid (reverse fly) Machine.  I did 3 sets of each exercise, going back and forth (so 1 back, one chest, then repeat twice more).
  • 1 set neutral grip pullups (bodyweight)
  • 1 set chin-ups (bodyweight)
  • 1 set regular pullups (bodyweight)
  • Strive Seated Pushdown Machine, 3 sets @ 110lbs.  This one has you select emphasis on different parts of the maneuver for each set by sliding a level.  The first emphasizes the middle of the movement (i.e. most resistance occurs in the middle).  The second emphasizes the end, and the third emphasizes the beginning.  You are supposed to take only 0-30 seconds between sets because of this.  It's a great idea.
Time = 47:09
Avg HR = 120 bpm
Peak = 162 bpm
K Burned = 485

Cardio - Precor 546i

The Precor 546i is just like the 576i, except it does not having moving handles.  This one too changes inclines and resistance.  Unfortunately, just like the 576i, the 546i does not recognize my heart rate monitor.  for my routine I selected "Weight Loss."  It then automatically starts a 28 minute routine + 5 minute cooldown.  You have to proactively select "options" to enter your age and weight, which I did.  Looking at my heart rate on my watch, I maneuvered the resistance levels up and down throughout the workout, while shouting answers to the Jeopardy show I was watching.  I spent most of my time shifting back and forth between Levels 10-16 of resistance.

Time = 33 minutes total
Avg HR = 140 bpm
Peak HR = 155 bpm
K Burned = 462 (watch); 352 (machine)
Distance = 2.83 miles (I didn't pay attention to whether it included the cooldown or not here)

As usual my watch was way ahead of the machine on calories burned.

No comments:

Post a Comment