Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Kenpo X @ 9pm

Tonight's weather was quite bad and so I did not make it to the gym.  I decided it was time I did some Kenpo X as it had been awhile.  I also decided that I would do some muscle building besides cardio by doing 4 two-minute drills of chair pushups with the perfect pushup.  I did the first two regular chair pushup two minute drills, and then I went into the Kenpo workout.  i finished the wide and close chair pushups after Kenpo.  All in all it was a good overall workout.  I only wore my heart monitor during Kenpo.

Time = 58:40
Avg HR = 121 bpm
Peak HR = 160 bpm (during the vertical punches at the very end)
K Burned = 615

Kenpo X is still the hardest P90x workout to get my heart rate going.  It usually peaks during the "breaks" of jumping jacks and running.  When I see them saying 160bpm on screen, and I look at my watch and see 137, I'm baffled as I feel like I am throwing them as fast and as hard as I can without "banging my joints."  My watch is overly aggressive with the calories burned to begin with, but during Core Synergistics or Plyometrics I burned 750 or more calories as compared to what you see here.  So, in my opinion, while Kenpo X is the most fun cardio workout, it is the "easiest."  Keep in mind, I mean P90x easy.  In any other universe this is a hell of a workout and will get you in great shape if you did it several times a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment