Saturday, April 16, 2011

Late Afternoon Gym Workout & Cardio

Weight Workout
  • 3 minute jog to gym
  • 8 minutes of stretching
  • Icarian Seated Calf Raise, 3 sets @ 70lbs of plates
  • 3 sets dumbbell Chest Press/fly @ 55lbs each hand (i've been gradually increasing weight here)
  • 3 sets dumbbell one-armed row @ 55lbs each hand (same as above comment)
  • 3 sets dumbbell shoulder press @ 35 lbs each hand (same as above two comments)
  • Icarian Leg Press, 3 sets @ 115 lbs of plates on each side
  • Icarian Cable Station, Rope pushdown, 3 sets @ 90lbs
  • Dumbbell concentrated curls @ 25lbs
Time = 56:03
Avg HR = 115 bpm (includes stretching)
Peak HR = 147 bpm (explained that weight training is basically interval training, spikes when lifting, goes down between sets)
K Burned = 526

Precor 100i

I must apologize for accidentally deleting my watch's data for my Precor workout.  However, the heart rate information is about the same anyway since they both use my chest strap.  Therefore the only comparison that is really missing is calories, and I will say that, as usual, my watch was higher than the machine.  The watch was only about 50 calories or so higher this time, so not as bad as usual.  I selected the heart rate workout and put in 152 bpm as my target since that is 80% of my maximum heart rate for my age according to the machine.

Time = 38 minutes (3 min warmup + 30 minute heart rate workout + 5 minute cooldown)
Avg HR = 145 bpm (so it did  a decent job since this includes warmup and cooldown)
Peak HR = 161 bpm
K Burned = 525

My Sprint Home Through the Rain


This is why I lost the Precor workout data on my watch.  I wrot edown the weight workout but did not write down the Precor workout data that was on my watch, figuring I would just use my watch when writing this.  It was pouring, and so I made a dash home.  Being the kind of guy that, would, well, write this blog, I turned on my heart rate monitor. 

Time = 2:54
Avg HR = 152
Peak HR = 164
K Burned = 46

No comments:

Post a Comment