Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Ab Ripper X - 9:45pm workout w/ modified warmup

Since these Ab Ripper workouts have been getting a little stale I've left out a few as the information would have offered nothing new.  I did a 9:45pm workout, about an hour earlier than I normally do, to change things up a little.  I also stretched a little and then did 50 jumping jacks and then immediately started the DVD so that my heart rate would be up at the beginning of the workout. 

Avg HR = 111 bpm
Peak HR = 142 bpm
K Burned = 140

As you can see, no dramatic differences.  I think I am getting to that point that it is harder and hard to get my heart rate to spike upwards as I am in better shapes.  You'll notice this with my last Yoga workout as well.  I'm at the point in Ab Ripper were I am completing 334 out of 339 reps in the routine and I am doing the more difficult options on 3 of the exercises that have options.  I think I am in just better cardio shape overall now, but I will keep looking at ways to get the heart rate up and calories burned without having to load up on caffeine.

No comments:

Post a Comment