Sunday, April 17, 2011

Today's quick Gym Workout

I was pretty sore from yesterday's workout, but I wanted to get a quick one in, and so I went to the gym to do a varied workout.

Weight Training
  • 3 minute jog to gym
  • 8 minutes of stretching
  • 3 sets Cybex Hip Adduction machine @ 110 lbs
  • 3 sets of pullups - neutral grip (bodyweight, no assistance)
  • 3 sets of dips (bodyweight, no asistantance)
  • 3 sets Cybex Hip Abduction machine @ 110 lbs
  • 2 sets chin-ups (bodyweight, no assistance)
Time = 36:14
Avg HR = 104 bpm (low because of the nature of the workout and the fact that I had to wait for space numerous times)
Peak HR = 148 bpm
K Burned = 267

Cybex 750A (Arc Trainer without moving arms)

In general, I hate these ellipticals that do not have moving arm components to them.  However, the gym was oddly crowded for a Sunday night.  I chose the target heart rate workout, however this machine just packs on tons of resistance to get you to 150bpm, instead of looking for a happy medium of some speed to get you there as well.  It's to the point that is becomes more like a strength workout than cardio.  Given how sore my legs, especially quads, were from yesterday, I got off after 11 minutes.  In the future, I thinbk, that since it recognizes my chest strap, I will do manual workouts on the Cybex 750s to get my heart rate to the 150s.

Time = 11:12
Avg HR = 144
Peak HR = 156
K Burned = 124 (machine); 150 (watch)

Jog Home

Time = 3:02
Avg HR = 149 bpm
Peak HR = 162 bpm
K Burned = 47

No comments:

Post a Comment