Saturday, May 21, 2011

P90x - X Stretch

My hamstrings were still feeling tight, as well as my shoulders and arms from the core synergistics workout and ocntinued ab ripper workouts after.  Therefore I decided I needed to stretch my muscles out.  I was more concerned with stretching than getting a full workout and so I opted to do the 57 minute long X Stretch instead of yoga.  I also had never reviewed it yet.

X Stretch is sort of equivalent to the last 40 minutes of the P90x Yoga workout.  You do a couple sun salutations but that is really the extent of the difficult yoga moves.  This is more about loosening up the back, shoulders, arms and legs like you do in the second half of the yoga workout.  This also does not have a core (belly) workout in it.  The name is quite accurate, you will just be stretching for 57 minutes.  Every muscle group will have at least one stretch, and many will have 3 or 4.  Some stretches are more difficult than others.  I could not get nearly as high up as the people in the vide for the camel stretch.  However, for the first time ever I used a yoga block to extend my one legged hamstring stretch. 

As a stretch routine, my heart rate rarely broke above 100 bpm, as even when a maneuver is difficult yoy are doing deep breathing to get through it.  This will surely burn more calories than if you sat still for an hour, but this is not a cardio workout, it is just stretching.  See below:

Avg HR = 81 bpm
Peak HR = 106 bpm
K Burned = 181

No comments:

Post a Comment